Thursday, April 2, 2015

welcome, welcome

Well, after years and years of Brian saying “you should start a blog,” I think I’m going to give this a whirl. As each month turns into the next, I’m realizing how quickly the time is going (HOW is it April already??). I have to believe this sentiment is magnified when you have a child whom you are watching develop and who is literally different every single day. The “days are long, but the years are short” and all that.

In any case, I think it would be beneficial for all of us to keep some record of this time. Soon my beautiful baby will be a kindergartener, a teenager, a college student (a doctor? a PhD candidate? a pianist? perhaps all or none of the above), and we won’t be able to remember the sleepless nights, the spit-up covered footie pajamas, or the food on the floor.

So…here we go. I can’t promise anything especially exciting in this space, but if the past decade has taught me anything it’s that an unexciting life is a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment